YMCA Bolton `s Vision is …
To be a sustainable young person`s Christian organisation, which recognises the multi-cultural nature of Bolton, and by harnessing the energy and potential in our community empowers young people, especially those who are most disadvantaged, by helping them to develop their potential in body, mind and spirit and empowers young people to fully participate in our community and wider society through engaging with local and global issues which positively support community cohesion and intercultural harmony.
Our Mission remains unchanged and we seek to be an inclusive Christian movement welcoming people of all faiths and none, transforming communities so that all young people truly belong, contribute and thrive regardless of their past experiences or present social circumstances.
Our aim is to work with young people to empower them :
to be active in their own communities,
to improve their health and wellbeing
to develop skills to increase their employability
Through centre based activities and outreach work we currently work with over 1,200 young people each year. Our mission is to give them a voice and a role; helping them to develop positive life skills; to build resilience; to recognise their potential and to support their aspirations.
We specifically seek to engage and develop hard to reach young people in the most disadvantaged communities to reduce their isolation by encouraging access to our youth provision were they can build positive relationships. Therefore we offer the majority of our services free of charge to minimise the risk of financial cost being a barrier to young people wishing to access help and support.
In line with our three year strategic plan we are seeking to further develop innovative and sustainable youth programmes across the Bolton Community to complement the current projects on offer.
Our Strategic Aims for 2014-2016 …
are to increase our impact, extend our influence; and work better together with YMCA at regional and national level and with other like minded partners at a local level, allowing us to grow into a sustainable organisation which makes a real difference to the lives of young people in our community.
We will …
- Support young people in our community by continuing to engage with 1,000 young people each year,
- Publicly champion the interests of young people in our community and in society as a whole.
- Ensure we put young people at the centre of everything we do through actively involving and engaging
- We will work collaboratively with the YMCA Federation and other like minded agencies to deliver our shared vision, in our community, for the benefit of young people.
- Develop effective external relationships and partnerships at every level of the organisation
- Implement a business model that ensures we meet our projected financial targets and maximises our assets
- Increase the capacity and diversity of the services provided
- Develop a flexible, motivated, skilled workforce.
- Further diversify income streams to achieve financial targets
- Continue to raise the profile of the organisation and enhance the reputation of YMCA Bolton locally, nationally and internationally.